IT Department of Anjuman Samaji Behbood © 2007. All rights reserved. 40-A, Main Bazar Dhuddiwala Faisalabad 38060 Pakistan , Tel : 009241-8713431 Mobile: 00923457857489
|Where we work|
|Vision and Mission|
|Impact of our work|
Selection of Project Area
• Community Mobilizations
• Project Implementation
• Documentation of the Projest
Click here for more details
Find out the Major Cause
Noramlly inappropriate projects are the absence of documented existing physical and social infrastructure maps, which causes, corruption, inflated costs and severe problems of operation and maintenance, correct social profile of human settlements are necessary for assess the assets, developing revenues, planning and providing of social sector facilities. In absence of adequate Mapping all planning is done on ad-hoc base.
Low cost sanitation
Mobilization of Social Capital
• Use of Local Material
• Use of appropriate Technology
• Enhancement of local skills
• Employing the local labor
• Elimination of contractor’s role
• Capturing the volunteerism
Component sharing approach
sense of ownership and Dignity, Reduces responsibilities, ensures financial
and human resources, involvement of all stakeholders in the O & M,
ASB has developed a mutual trust between all stakeholders (policy makers, planners, implementers and NGO’s) by understanding Governmental process, identifying service delivery gaps.
municipalities in data based existing infrastructure documented GIS mapping
of Water and Sanitation to analyze and reconcile for
master planning. This process ensures transparency, multi-literal monitoring and accountability which strengthen good governance and rebuild the trust of government departments.
Steps of Social Mobilizing
ASB field Team adopt the following steps for social mobilization and undertaking the physical infrastructure works.
Identification of the project area
• Social Mapping
• Data Collection
• Existing Infrastructure Documented Map of the Area
• Preparing the poverty profile of the settlement
• Preparing design, cost estimation of Internal & External lines
• Community Dialogues
Click here for more details
Examples of our Work
is the third biggest city of Pakistan with 2.5 million population, The numerous
slums and squatter settlements around the city are a problem to access &
clean water for drinking and sanitation services. Hasanpura, which is a typical
low-income housing area of 1,000 households, there is no municipal provision
for water supply and sanitation and the residents of Hasanpura pay heavily
for the purchase of water and solid waste collection. The Poor drinking water
has led to chronic gastric, skin diseases. Another major problem is The Open
Drains seeped into foundation of houses, and polluting the underground water.
Moreover 95% houses have been damaged due to improper sanitation and unhealthy
Actors and their Roles for Sustainable development
ASB COMMUNITY TMA
Motivation Organization Public Consultation
Survey Lane Committee Formation Change in policy
Estimation Contribution External development
Technical Assistance Purchase of material Treatment plants
Capacity Building Supervision of work Pavement of streets
Monitoring House connections Mechanical Assistance
Training Internal O & M External O & M
Documentation Documentation Documentation
Silent communities started thinking of their own betterment ,Individual shaped
• The people felt empowered towards addressing their issues & become better off both in knowledge & in life style, poor people cease to wait for Govt., promises
• The idea of component sharing in development be came acceptable / viable,
Sense of ownership of infrastructure & its subsequent look after development, Skilled labour generated
• More responsibility is paying towards for civic services instead of considering them free commodities.
• ASB’s approach has opened a way to build a sustainable co-ordination and Cohesiveness. As a successfull development model for Urban and Rural areas.
Power plan strives for partnership between Govt. and community at grass root
• ASB Component Sharing Model evolved in the Water & Sanitation programme and demonstrated this partnership strengthening the Sense of ownership through Flexible modes of management and change in policy
• Component Sharing development model is only the solution
• In this way Government will be ensure Transparency, Accountability, Good Governance & able to reduce Tax net
• Community participation is not the problem.
• Government and professionals participation is needed in the people’s work.
• Community initiatives need to be respected, accepted and supported by professionals and Government
Participation and Access to Information
Projects can be sustain by effective partnership of all stake holders (Community,
Government, Planners and NGOs)
• This process will ensure the transparency, multi- literal monitoring system and accountability as well.
• Positive role of stake holders will strengthen the good governance process and rebuild the trust of government departments.
• The resource of masses will be effectively utilized and government will save its resources automatically.
Element of Success
Necessities of people justify it
• Scanty resources and unlimited wants, which increases with population growth, provides basis to initiate this process
• Cost Effectiveness with appropriate technology and standards supported with OPP thumb rules procedures
• Free from complexities of bureaucratic procedures and channels
• Making it possible for the people to work for themselves, use their own resources and benefit from it
• Government inability to provide services to address people’s needs on time
• Time saving is one of the component
• Awareness has come to the government circle about successful community participation model
• Sense of ownership
Click here for more details
make the strategy before starts any work. Because without strategy you can't
be complete your task.
ASB’s approach has opened a way to build a sustainable co-ordination and Cohesiveness. As a successful development model for urban and Rural areas.
to plan development in a systematic way, available facilities, gaps and future
needs are required proper documentation which will help to prepare and implement
effective and integrated development plans.